I got frustrated after searching online for a recipe that had vegetables and sausage meat in it …. and… good for the slowcooker.
So blended like four different recipes into one… and wing’d the rest.
This recipe gets FIVE STARS from the kids! they looked at it on their plates: said…” ewwwww” then after finishing it said “can we have some more”?
I think of my Dad who is a legend with my slow-cooker, his meals are so tasty! and …. he usually just throws anything and everything in!
This recipe was an experiment that turned out amazing.
500 grams mince meat
500 grams sausage meat
4 slices of bread
1 cup of diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
Large onion diced the same size as the other vege’s
3 tablespoon size squirts of worcester sauce (reduce if you dont want it too spicy)
2 tablespoon size squirts of dark soy sauce
3 tablespoon size squirts or regular old el budget tomato sauce
2 eggs whisked in a separate bowl
good dose of fresh grind peppers, say 1/4 of a tablespoon-ish
you dont need salt with the soy sauce and celery 😉
1) put disposable gloves on – trust me!
2) line a dish that will fit in your slowcoker with foil (so it browns the meat & is easy cleanup) place this in your SC on high with an inch of water in the bottom of your slowcooker.
3)have EVERYTHING set out on your bench (of course I didn’t do this… so I got meat on the fridge, myself, and the floor LOL)
4) put your vegetables and that eye watering diced onion in the fridge to stop your tears and freshen your fridge
5) shred the bread into pieces and leave in the whisked egg to soak (no we’re not making or buying breadcrumbs – who has time for that?)
6) get your meat and sausage meat and soaked egg bread and mush with your hands like massive slow rotating egg beaters, don’t rush this… you’ll get meat everywhere!! geeze!!
7) add your vege’s from the fridge and mush it again.
8) get it into your foil lined dish and pat firmly down, add a swirl of sauce, more worcester, and parsley to the top and leave it in your cooker for the day…. 6hrs ish
9) by now the lid should be making noise, lift it slightly and leave it ajar for the last two hours, the water in the slowcooker will evaporate and the top of the meatloaf will go nice and crisp